For the Substation – Fiber Management
Electricity | Communication | Substations
The power network is changing. It needs the bandwidth and reliability of fiber. OFS brings unique solutions for fiber in the power network.
OFS’ FOX Solution® for Utility Energy applications features several end-to-end solutions optimized to distribute fiber in traditional Transmission and Distribution networks.
OFS' solutions for the substation include:
- OPTION1™ DT Outdoor/Indoor Cable
- Jumpers and pigtails
- Wall Mount Units
- SlimBox™ Modules
- Mechanical Splice-On Connector (MSOC) and Fusion Splice-On Connector (FSOC)
Outside Plant Equipment Options
- OSP Cross-Connect Cabinet
- Used to cross connect fibers in the field away from substations
- Up to 240 fibers
- Can splice inside or outside of the cabinet
Inside Plant Equipment Options
- Wall mounted panels for splicing and patching
- WMU - Wall mount unit
- OCEF - Optical Cable Entrance Facility - capacity to 1440 fibers
- LGX frames supporting:
- Pre-terminated patch panels
- Combination patching and splicing units
- Adapter plates for every application
OFS brings a variety of connectorization options for MDU environments.
- All distribution systems, HomeRun Indoor and Outdoor MDU Cabling, V-Linx™ components, and riser cables are available in a variety of pre-connectorized lengths
- Pigtails, jumpers and patch cords are also available in customized lengths and configurations for no additional charge
Fusion splice-on connectors (FSOC) or Mechanical splice-on connectors (MSOC) can be installed on-site in the field. The main advantage of a fi eld installable connector is to eliminate slack management issues.
- Fusion Splice-on Connectors use a cleaver and fusion splicer to splice a connector to the fiber. Available in a variety of connector ends with two different connector types.
- Mechanical Splice-On Connectors only need a cleaver for installation. Available in a variety of common connector ends